Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beginnings

Why did I choose to write a blog?  Simple, to clear my thoughts and perhaps receive some enlightenment and share laughs.  I hope to add ideas and insights on daily activities of the 8+ kids that I take care of. I love cooking and doing hands on activities. I welcome comments and additional ideas from others.

Today is only Tuesday and it has started out as a doozy.  After my final kids left at midnight last night; my alarm went off at the regular wake up time of 5:30am.  This morning was going to be a rocky one for sure. I hit the snooze (which I normally don't do).  I decided to skip the shower this morning and get dressed in the dark.  I started by putting my shirt on backwards, and shocking as it seems I somehow managed to put my jeans on backwards as well.  After I managed to correct my attire I settled into my chair to wait for the first child to arrive.  Usually I use this quiet time to prepare myself for the day and to catch up on entering attendance and planning on activities. (I am trying to get myself to do this sooner; procrastination is a friend of mine that is oh so hard to be rid of)  After another cat nap the first child arrived; still asleep.  I quickly used this time to put together a game plan for the day.  Calming dough play in the morning, followed by the park (to get the wiggles out) then lunch, wax paper stained glass then sprinkler play.  All in all it should keep them occupied and happy.
"Stained Glass" with some of our melted bead sun catchers
More stained glass

No comments:

Post a Comment